It was ten years of design passion and heartfelt artistry that set the foundations of our Fashion Fringe 10th Anniversary event on Tuesday 3rd December. Since its beginnings, Fashion Fringe has helped launched a host of designers into the industry, and through their hard work and natural eye for design, wholeheartedly left their mark on the fashion sphere. Nine of those, the Fashion Fringe Winners, were honoured on the night.
In a night that not only highlighted their success, but drew a closing line on Fashion Fringe as a platform, a plethora of industry members, supporters, partners and sponsors came together to appreciate the Fashion Fringe designers and Creative Director & Founder, Colin McDowell once more. Set within the atmospheric chambers of the London Film Museum in Covent Garden, spotlights illuminated mannequins donning pieces from each of the nine winning collections as videos rolled and music played and lookbooks of current collections could be scrolled through on interactive Samsung Galaxy Note products.
It was perhaps the Big Reveal though, that was the evening’s true highlight. Introduced by Creative Director & Founder, Colin McDowell, and Fashion Fringe Current Chair, Christopher Bailey, it was announced that each of the nine Fashion Fringe winners had created a unique piece especially for the Fashion Fringe 10th Anniversary event. As a live catwalk display began, aesthetics came alive as the designer’s garments walked to the stage.
“We need platforms like this to support the most extraordinary talent we have in this country,” Bailey said, praising McDowell and the impact Fashion Fringe has left on the industry.
“I’m emotional because it’s the end,” McDowell explained. “But I’m ready for a new venture.”
After some final, touching words, we were left to enjoy the delicious and innovative food from newcomer restaurant Sticks’n’Sushi, plentiful delicious drink from Scavi & Ray and a decade’s creativity we felt the fashion world sincerely deserved.
We captured the event live throughout via our Twitter feed. Below are just some of the highlights of both a memorable and moving evening.
- Delicious food throughout the night from our friends at Sticks‘n’Sushi.
- Haizhen Wang puts the final touches on a piece from his Fashion Fringe collection.
- Design duo FYODOR GOLAN perfect their garment’s presentation.
- Piece from Basso and Brooke’s winning collection. The first ever Fashion Fringe win.
- The presentation of the collections wouldn’t have been complete without the help of Samsung with the Galaxy Note 3 + Gear and Galaxy 10.1 products.
- It’s no party without music from Giorgi and Leo.
- Stunning piece from Eun Jeong’s winning Fashion Fringe collection.
- Illustrated designs from Erdem’s winning collection.
- Green & Black’s Icecream were there throughout the event to cool us down.
- Corrie Nielsen’s dramatic FF10 design.
- Futuristic and minimal. JENA.THEO’S FF10 piece.
- Gavin Douglas impressed with his FF10 creation.
- Leather detailing and streamlined silhouettes featured on Aminaka Wilmont’s FF10 piece.
- What a way to end a perfect evening. Gift bags from NARS.
- Colin McDowell, Christopher Bailey, the designers and their exclusive FF10 garments.
Words and images by Josh Walker